What are hazardous materials or dangerous goods
Hazardous materials come in a wide variety of forms and can be chemical, biological, radioactive or a combination thereof. If a material or substance can cause harm to someone or something, it can be considered a hazardous material.
Definition of hazardous materials includes many common households and consumers products. These items may not be hazardous during normal use or storage in your home but can present a significant hazard when placed in the mail due to vibration, temperature changes, and variations in atmospheric pressure.
Examples of commonly used items restricted or considered hazardous to ship
- Nail polish
- Flea collars of flea sprays
- Pool chemicals
- Cleaning supplies
- Dry ice
- Other restricted items include any Combustible/flammable items (oils, lighters), any type of pressurized can (hair spray, shaving cream, spray cans of any type).
Dangerous and Prohibited goods
- Firearms, weaponry and their parts: military, police and tactical equipment of any kind, including guns, gun replicas, gun accessories, gun components (magazines, clips and rail systems), ammunition, knives, swords, compound bows, crossbows, discharge weapons such as shock batons or stun guns, tooling for guns or gun parts, optical scopes, laser sights, night sights, night visions goggles, handcuffs and other restraints, surveillance equipment.
- Agricultural products such as tobacco, plants and seeds, coffee, perishable foods.
- Animals and products made with animal skin (furs).
- Cash, currency, money orders, cashier´s checks, bank drafts, bearer bonds and collectible stamps and coins. Jewelry and precious stones are (a) restricted to some countries and (b) can only be insured up to $500 maximum and any shipments of jewelry in excess of $500 carriage limit is uninsured and Member assumes all risk of loss above such limit.
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices.
- Prescription and/or veterinary medication.
- Government IDs and licenses, or items that claim to be, or that look similar to, government identification documents. This includes uniforms and badges or patches designed to look like official government issue.
- Other items, such as alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor) are not considered hazardous but are prohibited to ship.
- Replicas of Brand Names products are prohibited.
All watches are "Restricted" items for shipping via USPS. If the IShipUSA customer requests to ship any watch with USPS service, he / she is solely responsible in the case his / her package gets lost or damaged. There will be no reimbursement for such an item / items!
We encourage you to contact IShipUSA customer service if you have further questions about restricted or prohibited goods, prior to purchasing or attempting to ship via our company.